Developed by James Gosling in 1995, Java is an object-oriented programming (OOP) language that is used to develop applications on devices or browsers. Programs and applications created on Java can run on almost every platform as Java promises “Write Once, Run Anywhere”.
Java has a broad use in the enterprise world. For decades, it has been used to connect legacy enterprise systems to highly dynamic web interfaces.
Features of Java
Some features of Java include:
- Java is based on OOP concepts such as inheritance, abstraction, and encapsulation.
- Java is a robust, multithreaded language with automatic memory management.
- Java works on Write Once, Run Anywhere (WORA) theory.
- Java facilitates distributed computing.
- Java uses a compiler to execute codes.
- Applications created on Java can run on every platform with Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
Applications of Java
Java language is an efficient programming language for multiple platforms and has been the backbone of the digital world. Here are the important applications of Java.
- Java is used for Android app development.
- Java is preferred for cross-platform software for desktops.
- Java is widely used to develop and maintain web servers.
- Java supports many scientific computing applications such as MATLAB.
- Java is used for Big Data Analytics.
- Java is used in high-volume data processing enterprise systems.
- Applications developed on Java are used in vehicle systems, IoT devices, home appliances, etc.
Both are Object-Oriented Programming Languages
Both Run in an Internet Browser
Both are Used for Server Application Development
Both have a High Storage Libraries and Frameworks